Some examples of specific job roles within the banking and finance sector include:
- Bank tellers: Handle day-to-day transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals and other banking services
- Loan officers: Evaluate and approve loan applications, and work with customers to find the best loan options
- Financial analysts: Analyze financial data and make recommendations to organizations and individuals on how to best invest and manage their money
- Investment bankers: Help companies and governments raise money by issuing and selling securities
- Accountants: Prepare and examine financial records, ensure compliance with laws and regulations, and provide advice on financial matters
- Financial advisors: Provide guidance to individuals and organizations on financial planning, investment strategies, and risk management
- Risk managers: Identify and evaluate potential risks to an organization's financial health, and develop strategies to mitigate those risks
- Insurance underwriters: Assess the risk of insuring individuals or organizations, and determine the terms and pricing of insurance policies.
This is not an exhaustive list and there are many other job roles in the banking and finance sector. These jobs typically require a strong background in finance, accounting, and economics, as well as strong analytical and communication skills.